658 KING

Constructed in 1837, the Limestone cottage at 658 King Street West is believed to have been built for Richard Logan, a landowner who operated quarries in the area. Recently acquired by Frontenac Property Management, the building underwent a full renovation, including restoration of the Kingston Limestone exterior.

The front facade was repointed with a lime-based mortar, while two new openings were created in the stone wall between the original structure and the addition. To achieve a seamless effect in the new openings, salvaged stone was used with lime-based mortar, and hemlock beams were incorporated with hidden steel lintels to match other interior doorways.